The ParentComms:Mobile app for Android (version 1) is currently available free of charge from Google Play. The app is designed for both school staff and parent use.
The app is designed to work in conjunction with the OpenCheck website to allow parents to receive free, immediate alerts if your school has to close in an emergency.
Staff members that have the ability to update school status in OpenCheck will be able to do this quickly and easily directly from the app. The app also has the ability to recognise staff members with Nominated Contact status and present additional options to such users.
Users who install the app should maximise the benefits by logging in with a USO account, either a school-issued account or a parental account ending in .uso.
Alternatively, anyone who does not have an account, can register the app simply by entering their mobile phone number. Parents using the app will be able to help schools using the USO-AutoText service to cut their texting costs by having messages routed to the app instead of sent as a text.
Initial functionality includes :
- USO username authentication
- Mobile phone number authentication
- Control of OpenCheck School Status
- Message display including OpenCheck status
- Support for for Nominated Contact to view network usage graphs with zoom functionality
- Support for staff to see names of USO Nominated Contacts at the school
- Support for cctv service