Atomwide is offering free one-day training courses to Nominated Contacts within LGfL schools. The courses are designed to give Nominated Contacts, particularly those who are new to their role, a good understanding of USO-account administration, the USO Support Site, and the relevance of these to the wide range of LGfL services.
Courses will cover the following topics:
- Overview of LGfL USO, Shibboleth and OTP authentication
- Getting the most from the USO support site
- Raising and tracking support cases and contacting the Service Desk
- Manual account creation and administration
- LGfL USO-AutoUpdate – configuring settings, understanding data export results, matching accounts
- Overview of functionality that hinges on AutoUpdate
- Introduction to ADSync
- Configuring LGfL StaffMail, including creating aliases and shared mailboxes
- Configuring LGfL LondonMail/SafeMail
- Secure file transfer with LGfL USO-FX
- Introduction to LGfL WebScreen 2.0 web filtering system
- Introduction to parent USO accounts to access parental reporting
- Overview of LGfL USO-AutoText
Spaces can be reserved via the Course bookings page found under the Training tab in the Support Site. Each person wishing to attend a course is requested to make a booking themselves as it is not possible to make reservations on behalf of others. Once an initial booking is made, it must be approved by the school’s Head Teacher or a designated Course Booking Approver. “Course Booking Approver” is a newly-created USO profile setting that is granted to Heads by default and can be granted to other individuals by raising a support case.
The courses aim to ensure that Nominated Contacts have the confidence to carry out all tasks related to their role and so, questions and interaction are welcomed throughout the day.