As Census Day approaches we thought we’d take a moment to highlight some points that we hope will help expedite and ease the process of making your return. Of course the main thing to do is be organised and in the likelihood that you’ve done it all before you won’t need to read this anyway. If filling in your school’s Census Return is new for you, or if you think it could be easier we do offer SIMS Training Courses on a variety of subjects including this – information on each can be found here. We hope you find the below useful.
- Census day is Thursday 18th January , the deadline for Academies is Wednesday 14th February, maintained schools will be informed by their local authority of their deadline date
- Ensure you have access to guidance for SIMS to remind and walk you through the process. The DfE Census Guidance is also a great resource for details specifications https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/school-census-2017-to-2018-guide-for-schools-and-las.
- Check that your DfE Secure Access Account is active by logging into their site beforehand https://sa.education.gov.uk.
- Before Census day carry out a ‘dry run’ in SIMS to give you a heads up on any potential data items that need addressing beforehand.
- Ensure you have checked which pupils/students are eligible for Top-Up Funding.
- Find out if any of your pupils/students have Post Looked After Arrangements.
- Update all Free School Meal eligibility dates.
Good luck! Should you require any support we offer a dedicated, great value and comprehensive SIMS Support package would be happy to discuss your requirements and provide a quote. Just let us know.
01689 814700 | email@example.com | www.atomwide.com/sims